Fund-raiser Saturday for family of Bryan Co. deputy killed by wrong-way driver | Events
SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) - A fund-raiser will take place Saturday to help the family of a Bryan County deputy who was killed in a head-on crash in June.
Sgt. Robert Crapse was killed while driving home on Interstate 95 when his car slammed into one headed the wrong direction on the highway. Sundown at the River will begin at 6 p.m. on Aug. 4 at Love's Seafood and Steaks at 6817 Basin Road in Savannah. The event will feature activities for the entire family including a lowcountry boil, bounce house for the kids, raffle, cornhole tournament and much more. Tickets are $25 for adults and $10 for children 10 years old and younger. Tickets can be purchased at the Richmond Hill Police Dept. or the Bryan County Sheriff's Office (north and south complexes). For details, call Briana Phillips at 912.572.3225. Copyright 2012 WTOC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Savannah police chief stands behind FBI report despite new criticisms
- Public hearing to discuss property tax increase for education
- U.S. Dept. of Housing to host public town hall
- Savannah cruise ship terminal study to remain under wraps one week
- Alderman still questions SCMPD police reports following FBI review