Jackpot adjusted to $500M for Wednesday | News
ATLANTA (WTOC) - The Powerball jackpot has been adjusted up to $500 million for Wednesday night’s drawing, making it the largest Powerball jackpot in game history.
The adjusted jackpot is an indication that Powerball players from coast to coast are feeling the excitement. The winner can elect a cash option of $327 million.
The record-setting jackpot run began on Oct. 6 and has already yielded a $2 million winner in South Carolina. It has now rolled 15 times.
Tickets must be purchased before 9:59 p.m. for the 10:59 p.m. drawing. Powerball tickets are $2 per play.
Copyright 2012 WTOC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Area residents encouraged to join in Dump the Pump Day Challenge
- Maintenance activity to take place on Hutchinson Island Ramp
- Savannah police chief stands behind FBI report despite new criticisms
- Public hearing to discuss property tax increase for education
- U.S. Dept. of Housing to host public town hall