Ga DOT to repair guardrails in several counties | Transportation
CHATHAM CO., GA (WTOC) - The Georgia Department of Transportation has scheduled guardrail repair in Chatham, Bulloch, Tattnall and Effingham counties that will begin on Wednesday.
Repairs are scheduled between 9:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., Aug. 28 - 30, weather permitting. Traffic will be guided through the work zone by the use of flagmen operation, lane closures and/or shoulder closure.
Crews will be working in half mile to 1 mile increments and relocating frequently. Motorists should be alert to changing work patterns.
The guardrail repairs will take place at the following locations:
- I-516 East under I-16 West; lane closure
- I-516 East, mile marker 1.4; lane closure
- I-516 West at Veterans Parkway, on and off ramps; shoulder closures and lane reduction
- I-16 East, exit ramp 164-B; ramp closure 9 p.m., to 5 a.m., Aug. 28.
- State Route 73 South, mile marker 1.25; shoulder closed
- State Route 73 North, mile marker 3.6; shoulder closed
- State Route 119 East, mile marker .05; lane closure with flagmen
- State Route 21 South, mile marker 10.8; closed shoulder
Motorists should expect minor delays and are advised to reduce speeds as they travel through these maintenance work zones. Message signs, barrels and/or cones will be utilized to alert the public of the upcoming changes.
Copyright 2013 WTOC. All rights reserved.